Being a parent of a newborn baby is not an easy task. Despite the hardship, a parent will always prevail.
Parents should get something that can help them do more tasks while still keeping their attention on the baby. And this is where baby monitors come in handy.
Baby monitors can help us do other things such as cleaning the house and cooking but still have your eyes on your eyes or ears or both on your precious one. If there is one thing that modern times have created using current technology, the baby monitor is one of the most useful ones.
To help you out with choosing the best baby monitors, we have already prepared a list for you. We certainly hope that these best baby monitors will suit each and every parent as we have spent a lot of time preparing this review for all of you. We are only here to serve those loving and dedicated parents. So yes, this is just for you.
This is the ultimate list of best baby monitors. Thus, without further ado, let’s get started.
- 1 Best Baby Monitors 2018
- 1.1 Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor Review – Best Seller
- 1.2 Cocoon Cam Plus Baby Breathing and Video Monitor Review
- 1.3 Samsung Wisenet BrightVIEW HD Review
- 1.4 VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor Review
- 1.5 Babysense Video Baby Monitor with LCD Display Review
- 1.6 Arlo Baby by NETGEAR Smart Baby Monitor Review – Amazon’s Choice
- 1.7 Motorola MBP853CONNECT Dual Mode Baby Monitor Review
- 1.8 Wonnie Nanny Cam Baby Monitor with Camera Review
- 1.9 NETVUE Home Security Camera Review – Lowest Priced Baby Monitor
- 1.10 Hello Baby Wireless Video Baby Monitor Review – Best Value For Money
Best Baby Monitors 2018[table id=16 responsive=scroll /]
Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor Review – Best Seller
The Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor is first on this list for a reason. This must be the most convenient to use and one of the best baby monitors on the market. It has an interchangeable camera lens, long reliable battery life, and a 3.5 inches colored LCD display. And those are just the tip of the iceberg for this baby monitor. So if you want the best for your baby, such as best baby walkers, or best baby cribs, regardless of the price, here is one best to consider right away.
- First-ever baby monitor to have interchangeable optical lenses.
- 5 inch colored LCD
- Remote tilt, pan, and customizable digital zoom
- The impressive battery life of up to 6 hours while always-on and 10 hours while on battery saving mode.
As I said, this is probably one of the best if not yet the best baby monitors today. And looking at the reviews that the Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor is getting, nothing else comes close. So if you have the budget for this monitor, I suggest that you grab this one for your baby. You cannot go wrong with this one.
If you are a parent who wants everything on the safest side, then the Cocoon Cam Plus Baby Breathing and Video Monitor is the answer to your prayers. It is certified and validated by top pediatricians in the US including Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and UC San Diego. It has sophisticated sensors and a highly calibrated microphone that enables the baby monitor to hear the baby’s breathing.
- Real-time breathing monitoring without the need of any wearable for the baby.
- It has a mobile app to fully control the baby monitor from another room.
- Alert notifications on your mobile app when the baby cries or wakes up.
- Hear, see, and even talk to your baby from your phone to the baby monitors speaker real-time.
The Cocoon Cam Plus Baby Breathing and Video Monitor is a great tool for parents who want more than just a typical baby monitor can do. Since it can detect vital signs in real-time, this baby monitor is one for the peace of mind of all parents.
The Samsung Wisenet BrightVIEW HD is not just a baby monitor in its own right. It can actually be a full-fledged CCTV. It can support up to 4 cameras and that makes fewer blind spots if baby monitoring is your only purpose. Not to mention that it comes with calming lullabies to help the baby go to sleep and stay asleep for a longer and undisturbed period of time.
- Monitor your baby on a 5inches touchscreen display.
- 4 pre-programmed soft and calming lullabies
- It comes with built-in microphone, aside from the speaker, on the baby monitor itself. This makes two-way talk possible.
- long-range capability makes it possible to work on the farther side of your house.
- Long-lasting battery so you will not have to worry about draining charge.
The Samsung Wisenet BrightVIEW HD is a good choice if you want to set up a 4-way camera view. This will ensure that you can see other blind spots from the child’s room. But with the issues about the battery reported, I would suggest that when you buy this product, learn the proper way of maintaining its battery health. Other than that, this is a good choice for a specific type of need for a baby.
The VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor is for parents that want only the basic features of a typical baby monitor. It’s rechargeable batteries can last up to 18 hours of uninterrupted monitoring. The baby monitor also comes with a 2-way audio talkback feature. This is great for when you want to hear your baby sounds and give you peace of mind. The same goes for your kid when he or she only wants is to hear your voice.
- DECT 6.0 delivers the best audio quality with white noise cancellation capability.
- 1,000ft. range when outdoor and 160ft. range when indoor.
- The parent unit vibrates when the baby monitor unit detects sound from the baby.
- Rechargeable batteries can last up to 18hours
- Features signal bar indicator and sound level indicator on the parent’s monitor unit.
- With a mild night light placed on the loop so the baby won’t feel scared if alone.
The VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor is an affordable choice for those parents that want only the basic features a baby monitor usually delivers. If you are on a budget, this one is a no-brainer highly recommended choice.
The Babysense Video Baby Monitor with LCD Display comes with a lot of no-nonsense features that a lot of parents could easily love. The night-vision feature is the one that sticks out for us as it is very useful in a darkly lit room. This makes it possible for parents to see their baby in the middle of the night without the need to get up.
The two-way audio also helps it make the whole monitoring much convenient. You can hear your baby and the same goes on the side of the baby when you talk.
- Infrared night-vision makes you see your baby day and night for more peace of mind.
- 4 inch colored LCD
- Enhanced 2.4GHz FHSS Technology for smoother video streaming even when on the other side of the house
- Up to 900ft. range in open-area spaces.
- Sound activated LED indicators to give light to the baby in the middle of the night
- Room temperature monitoring
- Manual pan, tilt, zoom, and auto scan view.
- Expandable up to four cameras
- Low battery and out of range warning.
- Two-way talkback feature
The Babysense Video Baby Monitor with LCD Display has so many features that you might think that it is actually expensive but it is not. So if you want a feature-packed baby monitor at an affordable price, I suggest you take a good look at this gem.
Arlo Baby by NETGEAR Smart Baby Monitor Review – Amazon’s Choice
The Arlo Baby NETGEAR Smart WiFi Baby Monitor is probably the most expensive on this list of best baby monitors. But as a consumer, you must first understand why it costs more than the others. No, it is not about the brand. It’s the amount of feature that this baby monitor offers.
- It has a mobile app to give you extended control.
- Live and recordable 1080p HD quality video to give you the full details of the baby’s room.
- It has a cloud-based feature which makes it possible to monitor your kid wherever you are in the world using the internet.
- It can integrate with smart assistants such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit.
- Real-time smart alerts for sound, movement, and even air quality.
- Advanced night-vision which takes advantage of the 1080p video quality.
- Two-way wireless talk over Wi-Fi
- It comes with pre-programmed music and lullabies.
The Arlo Baby NETGEAR Smart WiFi Baby Monitor is the modern version of best baby monitors on this list. It supports smart assistants’ integration and comes with an app. The Wi-Fi connectivity is better than the regular radio frequency used on most baby monitors. If you can afford this baby monitor then get it now. The 1080p video quality and the Wi-Fi connectivity in this baby monitor really upped the game among its competition.
The Motorola MBP853CONNECT Dual Mode Baby Monitor is one of the modern best baby monitors on this list. But unlike the Arlo Baby by NETGEAR, it costs half the price. Of course, it is priced lower for some reason. You can compare the features yourself here.
- It has a mobile app both for iOS and Android. The PC-view does not have any control.
- Live and recordable 720p video quality stream.
- Cloud-feature to monitor your baby anywhere in the world using the internet.
- With night vision support to see what the baby is doing even at night with the lights off.
- Two-way wireless talk over the Wi-Fi connection.
- Has a pre-programmed music and lullabies.
- Zoom, pan, and tilt support for the baby monitor camera.
- Room temperature sensor
- 3.5inch colored LCD
- Supports up to 4 cameras.
If you want a cheaper version of modern baby monitors, the Motorola MBP853CONNECT Dual Mode Baby Monitor is a good (not great) alternative. It has all the features that you would want on a high-end baby monitor but with some downsides. So if you are buying this item, put extra effort into handling and careful usage. This is not as sturdy as it looks. Good thing the app is updatable which gives this product a good chance of improving on some aspects.
The Wonnie Nanny Cam Baby Monitor with Camera is a low-priced baby monitor with simple but necessary features that parents should consider. And despite its low price and simplicity, this nanny cam is not to be underestimated. Here are the reasons why.
- Supports up to 1080p Full HD video with live view.
- Clear two-way audio communication.
- App support for Android, iOS, Mac OS, and Windows platforms.
- It has a night vision feature that helps parents see the surroundings even at night.
- Supports local storage over the MicroSD card slot and acts as a server.
- With motion detection on camera.
- Remote pan and tilt through the mobile app.
If you are not into fancy features but the basic audio and video monitoring feature are important to you, then this is your baby monitor. Not to mention how affordable this is. So I suppose it’s about time that you hit that link and click the purchase button now because the last time I checked, it sells like pancakes and with a few items left on sale.
NETVUE Home Security Camera Review – Lowest Priced Baby Monitor
The NETVUE Home Security Camera is an all-around IP camera. You can use it as a surveillance monitor for your house and property. Or you can use this as a baby monitor for your beloved child. This item is highly recommended for two very good reasons: price and quality. Here’s more to learn about this product.
- Night vision with a wide range and good quality details on video.
- It has 130 degrees view of the field with a 4x zoom that delivers impressive clarity on details.
- Has a smart motion detection feature
- Two-way audio for communication on both ends.
- Multiple storage options: cloud-based and up to 128GB local MicroSD card slot.
- 720p HD video quality
- App support for iOS and Android OS.
If you want an affordable baby monitor and a security camera after the baby has grown, the NETVUE Home Security Camera is a choice. There is not much feature to boast with but you must remember that this product still delivers more than what you pay for. So if you are on a budget then put this baby monitor on your list for consideration.
Hello Baby Wireless Video Baby Monitor Review – Best Value For Money
The Hello Baby Wireless Video Baby Monitor belongs on this list as one of the best baby monitors this year. It has almost all the features that you need from a baby monitor at an affordable price. Its both modern and old school rolled into one. Find out below why.
- Uses advanced 2.4GHz wireless band for a longer range of up to 960ft. in open spaces.
- The long-lasting battery of up to 12hrs on battery saving mode and 8hrs on continuous on display.
- Crisp video and audio streaming quality.
- Supports night-vision view at night.
- Plug-and-play for easy and quick setup.
- Expandable up to 4 cameras.
- VOX mode to save more battery that uses only audio and automatically activates video when the child is awake.
- Temperature monitoring with notifications.
- Sound-activated LED indicator
- 2x digital zoom.
- Preprogrammed Lullabies.
- 8 levels of alarms.
The Hello Baby Wireless Video Baby Monitor is a value for money and manages to include features that only more expensive baby monitors have. Although there are some issues, those are still manageable as they are isolated cases for some customers. Still, it’s up to your better judgment if this baby monitor lives up to its promises.
So, have you chosen yet? These are the best baby monitors that we have reviewed for you among the hundreds that we researched and tried. Each one of them is great for specific needs and priorities. As you can see, most of the items here are smartly chosen for three main reasons; the price, features, and overall quality. So any baby monitor from this list should be the right one for most of you.
Leave your questions and queries in the comment section below. We will try to respond to all of your feedback as much as possible. Thank you for making it this far.